|The Exploration Center is great for special events.|
The facilities operated by the Sanctuary Exploration Center are suitable for all types of functions- receptions, parties, weddings and social gatherings as well as a variety of meetings and events.
Hours and Availability
The SEC is open for private events Monday through Sunday from 8:30am to 10:30pm. The SEC's Exhibit Hall public operating hours are Wednesday through Sunday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. The Exhibit Hall and lobbies are not available for private events during public operating hours.
The Exploration Center is a fantastic place to have your special event. With its excellent location across from Cowells Beach and just steps to the Beach Boardwalk, your guests have access to kayaking, surfing or other water activities in the sanctuary. The SEC is a 12,400 square foot building designed and built to Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold standard. The two-story facility includes the following areas and their standing capacities (unless otherwise stated):
- Total Capacity for an event: 270
- Lobby (Maximum Capacity: 24)
- Classroom (Maximum Capacity: 60)
- Classroom seated dining capacity—six 72" banquet rounds or six 8' banquet tables
- Outdoor Patio (Maximum Capacity: 60)
- Patio seated dining capacity—five to six 72" banquet rounds or six 8' banquet tables
- Exhibit Hall (Maximum Capacity: 150)
- Fly-Thru Theater (Maximum Capacity: (50 sitting)
- Observation Deck (Maximum Capacity: 20)
To make a reservation and secure a date, please return the rental reservation form below.
- Facility Rental Request Form, Information, and Fees (281K PDF file)
- Facility General information and Policies (237K PDF file)
- Facility User Agreement (89K PDF file)
- Vendors with experience at the facility (30K PDF file