Maritime Heritage: Technical Reports
Several projects have been developed to characterize maritime heritage and submerged cultural resources in the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary region. To view these project reports, click the links below.
- BRIDGE and CINMS. 2001. Bridging Our Historic Past Through Shipwrecks: West Coast National Marine Sanctuary Shipwreck Database. Web-based product created in partnership with BRIDGE Ocean Sciences Education Teacher Resource center and the Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary.
- Burton, E., and L. Lundsten. 2006. Biological characterization at the USS Macon wreck site. MBNMS Technical Report, 3 p.
- Douros, B.S. 1996. A recent history of the MBNMS region. In: J. Guerrero and R. Kvitek (editors), Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Site Characterization, web-based document.
- NOAA. 2008. Maritime Heritage Action Plan. In: Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Final Management Plan, Prepared as Part of the Joint Management Plan Review (JMPR), Volume III of IV, October 2008, U.S. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Ocean Service, Office of National Marine Sanctuaries, p. 391-404.
- Schwemmer, R.V. 2005. Site Profile: Expeditions to the Shipwreck Montebello. Ecosystem Observations for the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary 2005, p. 25-26.
- Smith, S.O., and J. Hunter. 2003. Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Submerged Cultural Resources Study: 2001. Technical Report submitted to the MBNMS, 106 pp.
- Terrell, B.G. 1995. Fathoming Our Past: Historical Contexts of the National Marine Sanctuaries. NOAA and The Mariners' Museum, Silver Spring, MD, 84 pp.
- Terrell, B.G. (editor). 2007. Fathoming Our Past: Historical Contexts of the National Marine Sanctuaries. NOAA National Marine Sanctuary Program, Silver Spring, MD, 68 pp.
- Weinstein, A. 1996. Early Uses of Resources. In: J. Guerrero and R. Kvitek (editors), Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Site Characterization, web-based document.