Selected General Sanctuary Resources
- Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary, Monterey office
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- California Coastal Commission. 1987. California Coastal Resource Guide. University of California Press, Berkeley. 384 pp.
- California State Lands Commission. 1994. California comprehensive offshore resource study. Vols I-II.
- Gordon, B.L. 1996. Monterey Bay Area: Natural History and Cultural Imprints. Boxwood Press, Pacific Grove. 321 pp.
- Griggs, G.B. 1995. Monterey Bay, national center for marine science. SeaTechnology 36:5.
- Jones & Stokes Associates, Inc. 1981. Ecological characterization of the central and northern California coastal region. Vols I-V. U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Office of Biological Services, and Bureau of Land Management, Pacific Outer Continental Shelf Office, Washington, D.C. FWS/OBS-80/45.
- Leet, W., C. Dewees and C. Haugen (eds). 1992. Califronia's living marine resources and their utilization. California Sea Grant Extension Program. 257 pp.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. 1992. Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Final Environmental Impact Statement/Management Plan Vols. 1-2. Sanctuaries and Reserves Division, Office of Ocean and Coastal Resources Management, NOAA, Washington, D.C.
- Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary
- California Environmental Resources Evaluation System
- California Natural Diversity Data Base, California Dept Fish and Game
- Regional Marine Research Institutions
- Natural Heritage Program, California Dept Fish and Game
The Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary and the National Marine Sanctuary Program